Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

5 kids

For most of last weekend we watched my three nieces.  Overall it was pretty good.  I felt bad for my nieces because we don't have many older toys, but they found a few things to entertain them.  They were all pretty good and helped out when I asked them too.  Only Michael seemed to have a tough time, but he loves his cousins so he got over it quickly.

Because of their ages (they are all about two years apart and the youngest is 18 months older than Michael) and the fact that they look like my kids led to some interesting looks and conversations.

Sunday we had a Regional Conference instead of normal church meetings.  We just went to our normal church house, but there were a few wards there.  We got a lot of interesting looks.  I overheard someone in our ward trying to figure out where the extra kids came from.  I'm still not sure if they figured out they weren't ours, or if they think Josh has kids from a previous marriage.

On Monday I had to run to the grocery store and pick up a few things and took them all with me.  People just stared at me and shook their head.  Well, a lot of older ladies smiled, but anyone under fifty just stared wide-eyed.  It probably doesn't help that I'm very obviously pregnant.  When I was checking out the cashier even asked if I knew what I was adding to my brood.  Yup, she called them my brood.  I just told her I didn't know and left, I didn't want to correct her.

So is it when you hit 5 kids that people think you are crazy?  Or is it when they think you are about to have 6 kids?  

No comments:

Post a Comment