Popular Posts

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Elephantitis

To go along with my bloated physical features and feelings, I decided to get crafty and make something that shows EXACTLY how I feel.
Yes, it is an elephant!  I found a pattern for this little guy right before Halloween when I went to a craft party with Sylvia.  It's so cute I couldn't resist!  It was a little rocky at first; the ears are uneven, I had to make three tails because I sewed them the wrong way, the elephant is taller than it is wide.  Eventually I will get better at making these, at least I hope so because I have fabric to make 4 more!  I think they will be one of Michael's favorite chew toys.  At the moment I'm trying to find something safe to put in the ears to make them crinkly, I'm thinking the plastic wrap from gift baskets.  If you have any ideas please let me know!

Here you can see the cute trunk....and lopsided ears.  The ears actually don't look that bad in person because the whole elephant is a little lopsided, so the right ear is only slightly lower than the left


 The butt of the elephant.  This is the tail, which is actually the third tail because I made many sewing errors.

Thankfully my mom was there to help me!  She knows a lot more about sewing than I do, plus I used her sewing machine.  Thanks mom!

On a somewhat related note, there is snow in Logan.  Finally.  I actually hate snow unless snowboarding is involved, but because of my elephant size I can feel comfortable outside for the first time since May.  For the last 4 months Josh has been freezing inside of our apartment because I turn the AC on all day, leave a window open at night, and refuse to sleep with anything but the sheet.  Let's just say he has been wearing a jacket indoors and has been as cuddly as possible for body heat.  Poor boy :(.  Well now that there is snow I finally turned the heater on, and the result: Josh is walking around in a t-shirt and I'm sitting here with thick socks, sweats, and his thickest hoodie on.  What is going on with my body??  Maybe the elephants know.

No comments:

Post a Comment