Popular Posts

Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Day In The Life: Michael II

I slowly wake up as the sun comes through my window.  In a somewhat happy mood I try to say "good morning".  No one answers back.  No one comes to see me.  I start getting a little mad and scream "get me out"!  After a while mommy comes in saying something about how she's trying to get me to sleep until 7.  She doesn't understand that I'm in charge yet.  She gives me my bottle while I sit in the bed with her and sister.  Sister and I do this fun thing where we kick each other.  I always win.  But mommy always tells me not to kick her.

After we jump around on the bed I start getting hungry.  I know exactly what I want, a nana.  So I say nana twenty times to get Mommy's attention.  She takes me to the kitchen and puts me in my high chair.  I wait eagerly for my nana. but wait, these red things with seeds on them aren't nanas!  They taste good but I want my nanas.   I tell mommy and she says we don't have anymore.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  The store has a whole isle full of yellow nanas.  I scream at her about it for a few minutes because this is ridiculous.  I think she gets the point because she says we'll get some at the store later....yeah right!  There are never enough nanas in this house.

After I finish the red seedy things mommy gets in the shower.  She always put Elli in my old bouncer, I get kinda mad because it's my bouncer.  I still use it, even though mommy says I'm going to break it.  She gets in the shower.  I stick my head in and say "I'm ready!"  She says something about my eczema and how I can't get in anymore.  This is ridiculous!! I used to climb in the shower with mommy every day.  We used to have splashing contests.  It was always mommy against me and this thing that would splash her from above.  I always won.  But she won't play anymore.  I'm so upset I walk out and slam the door!  After a minute I think she feels bad and will let me in, so I knock on the door.  No one answers.  I really want to play now and no one will answer the door!  I'm even more upset now so I go in my room and slam the door.  I realize mommy hasn't gotten my toys out for the day so there's nothing to do in here.  I keep screaming for someone to get me out.  Finally mommy comes running to me saying "why did you lock yourself in your room?"  I want to tell her how mad she made me.  Then she starts hugging and kissing me.  GROSS!!  I squirm and run away.  Mommy runs after me and says it's time for a nap.  Most days I don't like my morning nap, but today I'm grumpy so I'll make an exception.

When I wake up from my nap mommy walks in a lot faster than she did that morning.  She puts me in my high chair and it's lunch time.  I know what I want.  A nana!  Mommy must have gone to the store while I was sleeping!  She puts a peanut butter sandwich in front of me.  That's okay, I'll eat it, I can have the nana for dessert!  I eat my sandwich as I watch TV.  Sister keeps crying and it's hard to hear.  Mommy tries to feed her and eat at the same time.  She always looks funny.  I finish my sandwich and ask for a nana again.  There is no nana.  Mommy gets me down from my high chair and I run away crying.  She has to understand that I need my 6 nanas a day.  That's why she buys 3 dozen a week.  They are just for me! 

Mommy puts sister in her swing to get her to fall asleep while she comes and plays with me.  Except she doesn't play very well.  Sure she plays for a minute, but then she pulls out books and starts reading to me.  She knows I'm not interested so she gives up and reads her own book aloud to me.  I really don't care about it, but she does take breaks to talk and play.  This goes on for a long time.  finally she says it's time for my nap. 

After my nap mommy brings Elli into my room.  I play with toys while mommy sings a lot.  She always asks what I want to sing.  Most of the time she doesn't sing the songs I ask for.  I finally ask for Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and she understands that one.  After a little while I get bored and start exploring the house.  Lately I've been trying to find a hiding place for the kitchen utensils.  Mommy saw me drop the baster behind sisters crib so that place won't work.  I'm going to give her a few more days to try to find the ice cream scoop before I hide another one there.  I also like hiding Mommy's brushes, combs, and contact case.  Last night I heard her say she couldn't find her ring box hahaha.  After hiding utensils I pull the books out of the bookshelf.  I don't understand why they keep putting them back up there, I just want to read them, but they must be on the ground first. 

I find more things to occupy my time until I hear daddy come home.  Now I love daddy, but the best way to get him to play is to ignore him completely.  So when I hear that door turn I scream to acknowledge he's home, then I run off to find mommy.  It works every time!  Daddy gets so jealous and comes to play with me right away.  After we play a little we usually head off to the store or the park.  I like both.  The park has fun slides, but I like to go through stores and talk to everyone.  Mommy promised me more bananas so we better go to the store. 

They put me in my car seat and sit talking in the front seat.  This gives me the perfect time to be by myself.  I like to sing a lot, so I sing to everything and anything as we go places.  Today we went to the store.  Mommy put me in the cart and went right to the bananas.  SCORE!!  She grabbed 8 this time.  Silly mommy, those wont last three more days.  Daddy asks a lot about chips, and crackers, and ice cream.  Mommy gets annoyed.  Sometimes I just want to shout out how embarrassing they are.  I decide I should embarrass them for a change.  They just smile and laugh at me.  I guess I don't embarrass them.  Maybe I should start screaming sometime and see.  We are out of the store before I get a chance. 

We get home and I get to eat dinner.  I get so tired of waiting for them to feed me, they take forever and forget me.  It looks like they've finally figured it out because they decided to let me pick up the ravioli and eat it with my hands!!  After dinner daddy spends forever cleaning me up.  He sticks me in the tub.  I splash and throw my toys everywhere.  I decided to throw some of my toys out of the tub.  Mommy keeps throwing them back in.  It's so much fun!  Finally daddy pulls me out.  He takes me into my room and gets my PJ's on and rubs this sticky stuff all over me.  Mommy keeps telling him to put more on.  After what feels like forever I'm done being oiled.  They say goodnight and put me to bed.  Overall I had a pretty good day.  Hopefully tomorrow I get to throw something in the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment