Popular Posts

Monday, October 8, 2012

Pros and Cons of Cloth Diapering

So I've kept up with cloth diapering during the day so far.  It's been a little different, but it's not as much of a change as I expected.  So here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
  • Any stains came right off. Michael has managed to poop only in one insert (not that he's only pooped once, but he seems to know which one to poop in) and it look pretty white!
  • The peep on inserts don't smell at all
  • I can hang dry all of them
  • He hasn't pooped through a cloth diaper!!! This means I haven't cleaned up a blowout in the last week!
Cons:
  • The one pooped on insert does have a little bit of a smell.  I guess I don't have the right detergent so I'll have to try another
  • Cloth diapers aren't as absorbant.  He has peed through them twice
  • They won't last through the night
Overall I'm not sure what to do.  I might stick with both.  If he only wears one disposable a night it would take over 7 months to go through one box, which is really cheap.  For now we are still in the trial phase.  Next I need to find a detergent that works better. 

2 comments:

  1. I've actually heard from a few people that blowouts are much less common in cloth diapers...so I hope that holds true for you too! I've thought about cloth diapering my future little ones to save money, so it's nice to hear some more opinions on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when Michael poops, do you have to stick your hands in the toilet to clean all the poop off the insert? If so, that needs to be your #1 Con. :) Good for you for trying, though. :)

    ReplyDelete