Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Decisions, decisions


In the next few days, possibly hours, Josh and I have to make major decisions that could change our whole....LIVES.  Actually, Josh has to make some decisions.  I just have to say something positive or negative here or there and I've contributed.  I feel a little bad for my hubby.  I'm in no way saying this because I want anything different then what we have right now, but I remember how much easier decisions were before Michael.  So I can't imagine how much easier these decisions would be if Josh was still single.  Not only is he having to look out for himself, he has us right behind him.  I feel bad that he has that responsibility on him.  I hope he knows he's appreciated!  I'll let you know what we're doing with our lives soon :)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your decisions! Now I'm so incredibly curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Josh. So on Monday I was offered a job at Conservice where I work now to be the night supervisor which is like the highest job I can get in my department working at night so it is a great opportunity. I wouldn't have to work every weekend, process bills all day, and manage over 50 people. The job pays about 11.50 an hour which is pretty decent for a college kid in Logan.

      The other side of the road is that before I applied for the job I have now I applied to tons of internships hoping that I can better my chances of getting a job after I graduate. Well finally a company called TD Williamson which is a pipe inspection company in Salt Lake called me for an interview and I thought it was a long shot but yesterday they called me and offered me a Co Op job. Co Op is where I would work after the summer while I go to school.

      The Co Op is an amazing opporturnity and pays a lot better than my current management job. The downside is that we have to move to Salt Lake (which we love) and I would have to transfer to the U and go to school for 2 more years instead of being done in 1 at USU. The plus side is that I would only take like 2 or 3 classes a semester compared to the 6 I have to take this fall at USU. There are a lot of other things we have to consider like the Co OP doesn't have any benefits other than overtime, we have to move, find another place, and move.

      I applied to the U's engineering program and haven't heard if I was accepted and if I take the Co Op I have to let them know by Monday which I would then tell my current employer I'm leaving right after I've been promoted. So we'll see what we and the Lord decide. From what I feel so far I'm going to take the Co OP. If I do that the next month is going to be crazy. Wish us luck!

      Delete
  2. I would want to know for sure I was accepted at the U before going to a job with no benefits. However, it would definitely be nicer to have a lighter school load and be living where you want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I called the U yesterday and the advisor said with my GPA she is pretty sure I'll be fine. Most people they get that transfer have like a 3.0 and my GPA is better than that so I think we're going to do it.

      Delete