Popular Posts

Monday, April 16, 2012

5 months

For the past week or so I've been on an emotional roller coaster with Michael.  I'm so happy he's growing up, laughing, smiling, and doing new things every day.  But I miss my little boy!  I miss my small baby!  Okay, okay, he's still tiny, but I still miss when he was first born.  So enough with me blubbering, here are Michael's fun facts!
  • He rolled over, not sure if wrote this on last months post
  • He said his first "unofficial" word.  When I say 'hi' he usually makes 'i' sounds back to me.   So he happened to make an 'h' sound before an 'i' sound.  We don't count it but it was pretty cool.
  • He's discovered his fingers, particularly his thumbs
  • He reaches for and tries to grab toys
  • He's ticklish!  
  • He started solids, he hated green beans and they made him sick, but he loves sweet potatoes
  • He wiggles everywhere!  He turns 180 degrees in his crib
  • He kisses back!  When I go to kiss him he will grab my face and open his mouth really big.  Sometimes he tries to stick his tongue in my mouth....don't know where that came from
  • He smiles and giggles all the time
  • He drools, buckets and buckets of drool.  The reason there isn't a picture yet is because he has a rash on his face from all the drool and I'm trying to get rid of it :P
  • He can stand up as long as he's holding on to something, he loves standing next to the ottoman in his room because if I put toys on it he can play with them with one hand and hold on with the other

Michael is doing pretty good.  I had a horrible scare today.  Michael was screaming when he woke up from his nap, I went in to grab him and noticed a big white ball in the back of his throat.  So off to the doctor we go.  Michael has a cyst.  Right when the doctor said that I wanted to cry because I remember how bad my cyst was.  I remember being on horribly strong pain pills and still not being able to walk, or lay down, or sit.  But there isn't anything we can do now.  It might go away with time, or it could get infected, or it could get bigger and need to be removed.  The problem is it isn't something you can check every day.  I got lucky to see it, and the doctor had to force a tongue depressor down his throat.  So we are hoping it slowly goes away.  Luckily he doesn't seem to notice it, and it doesn't bother him!

No comments:

Post a Comment