Popular Posts

Thursday, April 5, 2012

What a Week

I guess I write a lot on here about Michael, well I know deep down that's all anyone wants to hear about!  But I'm going to write a little bit about the goings on this week.  So here it is, the relief, the funny, the dumb, and the ridiculous

The Relief:  All through high school and my first year of college I had to get an A on tests.  Or at least as close as I could.  I studied for hours!  Sometimes succeeding, other times not.  Well this semester has been different for obvious reasons.  So Tuesday I had a test in physiology...on the brain, heart, and muscles.  I had been to exactly 2 classes in the last 4 weeks...ya I know that's bad.  So over the weekend I read the chapter on muscles.  My teacher drops one test so I gave up studying and said this can be the test to drop.  Well I felt like the test was surprisingly easy.  I ended up getting an A on the test.  Maybe it was a fluke, but it felt amazing!  Plus I felt my IQ go up 5 points :)

The Funny:  On Tuesday Josh went up to campus to work on this crazy project he has to do.  He told one of his friends that he would give him a ride home if he stayed a little longer to work on it.  Well....Josh was in the car and all of the sudden this guy calls him saying "I thought you were going to give me a ride?"  This was Josh's Oh Crap moment.  I actually thought it was hilarious!

The dumb:  I had a checking account that I closed 3-4 years ago, and opened up another one.  At one point I had 2 checkbooks in my purse for these two accounts, so I threw the old checks away...or so I thought.  I recently got a collections notice for paying with a check from a closed account.  I figured out I threw out the wrong checks....oops :(

The ridiculous: For this you need a back story.  My parents got me new tires for my wedding present, this was less than two years ago.  That day I went to work and then to the gym.  When I walked out of the gym I had a flat tire.  Yes, the exact day I had new tires put on.  Well the lug nuts were horribly tight.  So I called my dad to come help me, the lug nuts were really hard for him to get off.  So anyways that was one time I had a flat tire.  Last summer I got one up here when I brought Josh lunch one day.  Luckily he was able to put the doughnut on for me because I was about 6 months pregnant.  It happened at some other point after that.  So that's the story of my car.

Here's Josh's.  Josh needed new tires (at least front tires) really bad, but we were holding off.  One day we noticed he had a flat tire, and we decided it was time to bite the bullet and buy new tires.  Before we did that we had to get the flat one off.  So Josh stuck the jack under the car and tried to put the doughnut on.  Well...the jack that was in his car was not meant for a car that heavy, and broke.  Leaving the car on it's axle.  Quickly Josh got the jack out of my car and put it under....it bent.  So we called a friend.  They had a jack like both of ours, but still in working condition.  So we used his jack and our bent jack to get the doughnut on.  We bought a jack after that.  At some point someone told me they had a spare jack so we only bought one....it was in Josh's car.

So last night Josh drove down to Salt Lake in my car.  On his way home this afternoon guess what happened?  A flat tire...to the same tire that's been flat 3 times already.  So I packed Michael up and started out to get Josh.  Good thing the new jack we got is amazing!  It worked so well!  But then Josh had to drive 40mph on a highway...for 15 miles.  So we took the tire in and I had to sit in the little waiting room while Josh went to work.  So we should get a new tire tomorrow.  Luckily it was under warranty.  But for now I have a used tire that's not the right size because it's better than the doughnut.  Not to mention we have to change my oil and get my car inspected on Saturday.  Stupid cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment