Popular Posts

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Am I crunchy?

Is this me??? Okay, obviously this is a guy, but besides that! 

I read quite a few blogs on babycenter.  Last week I came across one titled Are You Crunchy?  At first I thought it would be funny to see what the questions were like.  When the first question was about making homemade cleaners I got a little scared.  For the time being I don't make homemade cleaners, but I've definitely wanted to.  I continued on cautiously, thinking I might discover something about myself that was possibly life changing.

At the end of the quiz I took a deep breath when I only scored a three (as in not crunchy at all, but not against those that are).  A second wave of fear washed over me, no I don't do most of the things on the list, but how many did I want to at least try?  My score would have been an 8!!! (as in you're crunchy, no doubt about it)

Am I really crunchy?  Is it possible?  I wasn't raised that way at all.  I enjoy McDonalds and Tide, and that isn't about to change....or is it? 

It wasn't too crazy for me to get a three, all it took was cloth diapering (which is going great!), recycling, and making baby food (which I still do on occasion).  But when it came to what I want to do, then it became crazy.  Yes, I have a desire to eat organic (I tried this when we moved back to Salt Lake but Josh really wasn't into it).  I wouldn't mind being vegetarian, but I think I'm more of a meat once a week person.  I would gladly make homemade cleaners, I just haven't done it yet. I would easily compost (this is something I've wanted to do for a while but I'm not willing to pay for a composter).  An extra point came from using cloth wipes which is something I've already decided to try when I get a diaper sprayer, for now it is just a possibility.

I never thought of myself as being a crunchy.  It never seemed like a lifestyle change I could make so quickly.  I've been married barely longer than two years, doesn't something so drastic take a decade at least??  At this rate I could be full on crunchy in the next three years.  Should I be scared?  Amazed?  confused?  Or some combination of all three.  It's identity crisis time!

2 comments:

  1. Dusty and I were commenting the other day (maybe after talking to you about cloth diapers) that you were turning granola!! So yes, if you keep it up, you just might be the cruchiest person I personally know within the next few years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made laundry soap a couple of months ago. Pretty clean and it's pretty wonderful. And the smell is so lovely! If you ever want to try it let me know!:)

    ReplyDelete