Popular Posts

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cloth Diaper Experiment

When I was first pregnant I wanted to use cloth diapers.  Not because of all the environmental reasons (which I always countered with using more water to wash them), but because they were cheaper and intrigued me.  The reason I didn't get them is because 1) the initial cost is expensive 2) I had no idea what I was doing 3) I wasn't comfortable with the idea of touching baby poop quite yet. 

Fast forward to now:
  • I'm over the baby poop thing.  Especially since Michael has a blow out every other day.
  • I've done a lot more research.  I looked at reviews, mom blogs about cloth diapering, and
  • Michael's cloth diapers will pay themselves off in about 6 months, and he will be in them for 2 more years.  Elli's will pay themselves off in the first 2 months. 
But I didn't go crazy.  We are just in a trial phase right now.  I bought Michael two diapers and 6 inserts. 

Here is one of his little diapers.  Cute right?

Here are the little pouches inside them.  They are supposed to act as a waterproof shield. 


Here are the inserts.  The label said to wash and dry them 3 times before putting them on him to increase their absorbency. 


I'm excited to try them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment