Popular Posts

Sunday, April 28, 2013

3 Months

(picture to be added soon)
Elli turned 3 months yesterday.  You can see her getting bigger, but it's hard to think that my little girl is growing out of the baby stage so fast! 

This month she has:
  • Rolled over from tummy to back.  I wasn't there for this (I missed Michael's too) but Josh saw the whole thing. 
  • Started cooing a lot.  A LOT!  I think she is learning from Michael.
  • Started grabbing things more.  She doesn't reach out for things yet, but she'll grab anything I put right next to her hand. 
  • Started getting on a schedule.  Slowly.  It's still not perfect.  I try to put her on Michael's sleeping schedule and let her sleep when we go places at night.  Unfortunately she still falls asleep in the car a lot, so I don't feel like I should go anywhere during the day because it ruins her schedule.
  • She sleeps in her crib better at night.  Nights where she is having a rough time I will let her sleep with me, but she is outgrowing that.  She still loves to take naps in her swing and on me after I feed her. 
There have been a few other things going on with Elli.  I mentioned her horrible, painful gas.  She goes 4-5 days without a messy diaper, after day 2 she is so grumpy.  I'm trying a few things to help with that, like taking her temperature rectally every day.  I'm also thinking of skipping rice cereal and having her first food be prunes. 

When I took Elli in for a cold a little over a month ago the doctor heard a heart murmur.  A lot of kids have heart murmurs, but the doctor said he only finds 1 kid every 3 years with one they don't hear at the two week appointment.  He referred us to Primary Children's.  The cardiologist listened and told me she had one, but was moving too much to tell me if it was serious or not.  After an hour of feeding her and rocking her I got her to sleep.  They listened again and told me her murmur was fine, they just don't find her type of murmur until kids are at least 4 years old.  It was really rare for her to have it so young.  It should go away when she's a teenager.

This little girl is sweet and cute, even at 1am, then again at 2am, 3am, 4am, and 5am.  I just wish she'd stop growing so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment