Popular Posts

Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter

We've decided I'm the Scrooge of every holiday.  I just don't put in the effort.  Our kids wouldn't have had anything in their Christmas stockings if Josh hadn't decided to buy crackers, candy canes, and plenty of puffs to stuff them with.  Easter wasn't much different.

Luckily, we have family that does fun stuff for our kids.  They had three Easter egg hunts this year.  The first was Saturday morning at my grandparents house.  Elli loved it!  There were plenty of eggs "hidden" on the grass for her to collect.  My grandma always puts change in them, so she was loving shaking them as she ran to pick up more.






 Michael on the other hand was having a really difficult time with the whole thing.  Partially because as soon as everyone was released into the back yard to search he fell face first on some bricks.  But as you can tell he was just more interested in sweeping.


My BIL tried to help him, but he still wouldn't give up the broom



It was a warm day so it shouldn't be a surprise this happened on the way home.



 After very long naps we headed to Josh's grandparents house for another Easter egg hunt.  Instead of money in the eggs there was candy.  Michael suddenly became much more interested, while Elli realized the eggs didn't make as much noise and wasn't as into it.



 What Elli did love was the swing


 Not that you can even tell from this picture.  She says "weee" or "wow" every time she is pushed.

Michael started having meltdowns because I wouldn't let him have a lot of candy.  People kept sneaking him candy.  As you can imagine we had a tantrum on our hands...for a few days following.  Luckily the tantrums stopped a few days ago.

I guess I did do one fun thing for Easter.  Since I didn't get the kids Easter baskets, I decided to make bunny pancakes.  Okay, okay, I made ONE bunny pancake, and it was quickly cut up for Michael to eat.


I didn't get any pictures of the Easter egg hunt my mom had on Sunday.  Both of my kids seemed to get it at this point.  Michael found his eggs and snuck away to eat all of his candy before I could take it away.  Elli was teething once again so she ate her eggs for dinner (which were all yogurt melts).

Point of this story?  Thanks family for doing things on holidays so I can pretty much put zero effort into every holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment