Popular Posts

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Conversations with Crumpets

Michael has said some funny things lately.  Unfortunately most of them happen to be bathroom related.

Talking into his toy phone
Michael:  Hello
Me:  Who are you talking to?
Michael:  Brookey
Me:  What are you talking about?
Michael:  Poop!

Me:  Michael what is that?
Michael:  A choo-choo
Me:  That's what it says, what is it?
Michael:  A train
Me:  What does the train do?
Michael: Poop!

Me:  Michael did you poop?
Michael:  No
Me:  Then what's that smell?
Michael:  Elli pooped
Me:  Elli did you poop?
Elli:  Poop!
Yup, my little girl already knows how to say poop because of him


Another obsession he has is with Frozen, which I still can't understand since he has only seen the movie three times.

Me:  Michael what movie do you want to watch?
Michael:  Frozen!  Let it go, let it go!

Michael:  Wanna watch Charlie
Me:  No, we're reading Harry Potter
Elli:  Pott-ott
Me:  See, Harry Potter
Michael:  Wanna watch Frozen!  Wanna build a snowman!  Let it go, let it go!


Elli has been saying a bunch of words lately too

Me:  Elli come here
Elli:  Elli (Elli-ee)
Me:  Yeah Elli!  That's you name!
Michael:  No Elli-ee, Elli-ee
Me:  No, Elli
Michael:  No Elli-ee!

Me:  Please put down your Arthur book
Michael:  No want Arthur book
Elli:  Arthur book!
Josh and I:  What??
Elli:  Arthur book! (said perfectly)
Michael:  No Elli, my Arthur book


If you've been around Michael lately you know that he narrates his life and talks in third person.  Also, he thinks he has a baby in his tummy like me, and he thinks he's always hurt.  We hear the following constantly:

  • "My baby hurt me"
  • "My baby kick me"
  • "Michael hurt me"
  • "Michael hurt my knee"
  • "Elli hurt me, Elli hurt Michael"
  • "No Elli!  That my baby tummy!" (referring to his own tummy)
I'm just happy Elli is starting to talk a little bit more and join in some of these conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment