Popular Posts

Friday, April 11, 2014

Late walkers

As you probably noticed, walkers was plural.  Yup, we have two kids walking now!  

A week ago today I stood Elli up and frankly told her she really needs to start walking.  I guess she decided to listen to me because she took ten wobbly, but good steps.  Later when Josh was home she pulled up on the couch and took twenty steps around the living room.  

She is walking everywhere now and can push herself up off the ground to get started.  She loves walking and isn't too far from running.

I guess I just produce late walkers.  Both of my kids haven't started walking until 14 months.  Michael was late sitting up and crawling, but Elli hit those milestones early, so I don't know what causes my late walkers.  Michael didn't walk until Elli was born.  I think he realized he wasn't going to be carried much anymore.  For Elli it was realizing that my huge belly isn't that fun to be wrapped around.  

Can I just tell you how grateful I am that I have small kids?  I can't imagine carrying around a 30lb child right now.  

So here are a couple of pictures.  Every time I tried to take her picture she would grab onto the couch.  This might be as difficult as trying to catch her smiling on camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment