Popular Posts

Monday, May 14, 2012

What we've been up to...

Moving - We got almost everything moved in one day.  Half of our stuff is at my parents with us, and the rest is at Josh's grandparents house.

Seeing family - I've spent quite a bit of time seeing grandparents lately.  Michael has really enjoyed it, especially when he takes naps with his great-grandma Apple.

Seeing friends - Josh and I finally saw our close friends and their new little girl!  We actually joke that Michael and her will end up together.  We haven't seen them since I was first pregnant, so we've missed them horribly!  We have also hung out with some friends in the ward.  I even babysat their adorable boy one night.

Getting things ready for school - For the last month we have been waiting to hear if we have been accepted into the U or not.  We know we already are because our grades are good enough and Josh has been accepted into the engineering program, but the school hasn't "officially" accepted us yet.  Besides that Josh had to register at SLCC to take one online class that starts today.  On top of that we have to keep filling out form after form for credits to transfer and all that fun stuff.

Taking care of Michael - He has been so cute!  This move has been a little rough on him, but he is doing ok.  He turned 6 months old two days ago, how time flies!  I need to take pictures of him and post them...I'll get around to it soon.  Anyways, he has been discovering more and more everyday.  He still refuses to sit up.  We know he could with a little practice but he refuses to practice, like when he throws his head back and screams the second we put him in his bumbo.  He's getting close to crawling.  If I leave him alone for ten minutes I find him across the room scooting on his tummy.

Sewing - Josh got me a sewing machine for Mother's Day :)  I used it to make a table runner for Josh's mom, but it hasn't gotten a lot of use yet.  I'm still slowly cutting the fabric for Michael's quilt, so when I get done with that it will get a TON of use.

Working out - My brother and I are doing another biggest loser competition.  I can finally work out now so I'm excited.  In Logan I didn't have the time to run when Josh was home (usually because I needed to sleep when he was home) and we didn't have a treadmill.  My parents have one and Josh is now home earlier so I have an opportunity to do something.

Trying to figure out the next few years - We have a lot we need to start figuring out.  Like how many classes I'm going to take.  How long are we going to live where.  When are we getting a house.  Where are we getting a house.  Insurance (the only downside to Josh's job is that it isn't offered until he graduates).  If I'm going to work again.  How to manage having too much to do instead of absolutely nothing like we've had for a long time.  And many, many more questions.

Hopefully I'll resume blogging regularly soon, but it's summer, and there is a big yellow boat outside that's calling my name, and a wakeboard that has been ignored for way too long.  So maybe I'll go on a summer hiatus!

No comments:

Post a Comment