Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sleep-Training


I miss this!  Michael's first month of life was spent sleeping.  Now it's refusing to sleep.  So I have started sleep training Michael.  I let him dictate his schedule for a long time because he was sleeping fine during the night, and my schedule was so variable that it was too hard to set a schedule.  But now school is over, for me at least.  I took my last final about 3 hours ago, and things need to change!

Here is Michaels proposed schedule:
Wake up     8:30-9am
Nap            11-1
Nap            3:30-5:30
Bed            8:30

Last night I tried to make Michael stay up later so he would sleep in (usually he goes to bed at 6 and wakes up at 6, with some meals at night).  He made it to 7:30, but still woke up at 6.  He took a little nap from 8-9.  Then we put him down at 11:30.  We tried for 11 but he got hungry again.  He slept until 1 by himself!  We were trying to get him to stay awake until 3:30, but he was very angry, so I put him down at 3 and he went to sleep a few minutes later. I think tonight will be rough on him, but oh well.  I love this little guy but I need some breaks!  With finals week I realized I can't handle Michael dictating Michael, he doesn't even know what he wants, and it's too hard to work around his schedule some days.  So we're trying this out and hopefully it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment