Popular Posts

Monday, March 5, 2012

A day in the life...the Michael edition.

Monday:
I wake up at 8 while daddy's eating breakfast and mommy's in bed.  I realize how hungry I am and start screaming my head off.  Mommy stumbles in and picks me up.  We sit down on the floor and she starts to feed me.  Daddy walks in with some yogurt complaining about how the only breakfast thing we have in the house besides yogurt is two gallons of milk, I smile because I have the best breakfast ever!  He reminds mommy he has a test today and leaves.  Mommy finally starts to wake up and won't shut up while I'm trying to eat.  Finally I feel like I've had enough and start fussing again.  Mommy then puts me sitting up in the boppy while she showers and eats.  She found eggs to eat, so while she was cooking those I watched Modern Family.  Mommy gave me my medicine, put me in my car seat, and off we go.

Usually I fall asleep in the middle of this great adventure, but mommy drives up to campus and picks up daddy.  They drive around to the other side of campus and drop off mommy, mommy complains about always being late to class.  Daddy drives back to the Engineering building and takes me inside.  We go up to the third floor where daddy studies with his friends while holding me in his lap.  Half hour later he loads me up in the dreaded car seat again to go get mommy.  I'm hungry again, and when I smell mommy get in the car I start screaming for food.  All I can think is this has to get their attention, but maybe I'll scream louder just in case!  Mommy takes her time to drop daddy off at the Engineering building again.  Daddy kisses me for good luck on his test.  Mommy drives home and feeds me again. 

These "parents" of mine don't seem to understand that I hate the carseat.  Right when I finish eating mommy loads me back in again to go grocery shopping.  At least she talks to me and makes funny faces at me, even though people give her funny faces back.  We head home and I fall asleep.

At some point daddy came home before work to get changed, but I was too busy sleeping.  Until he closed the door and I realized I was hungry again!  Mommy took me upstairs and fed me, but I wasn't ready to be awake.  After a while she got it, and she rocked me to sleep.  It was a good nap except she fell asleep too.  Every once in a while she would move around and wake me up.  She startled me pretty bad.  I started crying out of frustration, and misinterpreting my signs, she tried to feed me.  After a few minutes of trying to eat I fell back asleep.  She put me down in bed but I got cold and woke up screaming. 

I decided it was 5, and I could be awake.  Mommy played with me for a while.  She tried reading to me, but I got bored and started crying again.  She needs to learn how to make me happy.  Finally she decided to let me watch tv, but she played a horrible trick on me!  She kept putting me on my tummy.  I was so into New Girl and the Napoleon Dynamite cartoon that I wouldn't notice for a while.  When I did notice, she would pick me up, suction my nose :P, and hold me until I got distracted again.  After that she took me in her room and let me sit on her bed.  I found a tasty pillow to suck on, and left a present on daddy's side of the bed :).  I realized I was hungry again.  Mommy put me in jammies and started to feed me.  Slowly I fell asleep, thinking about how mommy forgot my nighttime medicine and vitamin today, and how daddy wouldn't get to see me tonight.  O well, I get to see him all day tomorrow!

This has been a day in the life of Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment