Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Two Months!


Michael is now two months old!  He had an appointment last week and here's where he weighs in: 22.5" (44th  percentile) long, 10.2 lbs (24th), and his head is 38 cm (16th).  He has gotten so big since he was born!  For a while I thought I was going to have a midget baby because he wasn't growing, but he finally is!

The doctor gave Michael his first round of shots.  I was prepared for a lot of screaming, but he did really well!  Josh had to hold him down so he wouldn't hit or kick the shots away and he started whimpering.  Then he let out the painful cry when the shots were in his legs.  Josh picked him up right after and he stopped crying.  We put him in his carseat and he fell right asleep.  It amazed me that he was okay with all of that.
His poor little legs!

Here are some fun things about Michael from the last month:

He has started smiling a ton! It is adorable!

He has started to enjoy tummy time.  He didn't for a while because it always made him spit up, but he has gotten so much better.  When we put him on his tummy he is great at lifting his head up.

I will put him in my lap and somehow he will wiggle his way up me until he is in a standing position leaning against me.  This little guy must have a lot of muscle.

He is (sadly) getting to the stage where he stays awake when he is in his car seat.  He still sleeps on the long drive to West Jordan, but not around town as much.

He is finally being taken out of the house a lot.  I take him to campus Monday, Wednesday, Friday.  He is babysat on Wednesday nights.  He goes grocery shopping with me.  Josh takes me to school and picks me up on Thursdays, and then we drop him off at work and I pick him up later, so Michael spends a lot of time in the car.

He's started making a lot of little noises.

He recognizes both of us and watches us when we walk around the room.



1 comment:

  1. His little smile is so adorable!! I just want to hold him and smootch his cute face!

    ReplyDelete