Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Recent Talkings

(I did write Michael's birthday post on his birthday...but I haven't yet taken the pictures off of my camera so it is coming eventually!)

Here are a few of the funny things Michael has said lately

Michael:  Cars?  Trucks?
Me:  Yes, there are cars and trucks.  They are picking up people from school.  During the day these people go to school.
Michael:  People go school!

Ever since then I've heard endlessly about people going to school.  When I say we are going shopping Michael says, "no, people go school".  This lead to another conversation...

Michael:  Daddy?
Me:  Daddy's at work
Michael:  Daddy go class?  Daddy go school?  People go school!
Me:  Daddy is at work today.  He has class tonight.  Yes, people go to school.
Michael:  (horrified) Elli go school
Me:  Elli is too little to go to school
Michael:  Ok, Michael go school
Me:  You are too little, too.  You are two, you go to school when you are three, almost four.
Michael:  Five!  Michael go school!


This next conversation now happens every time I need to change Michael's diaper.  I can say that I'm proud he's learned to count, even though it took me threatening him with time out...
Me:  Michael diaper change
Michael: NOOOOO!
Me:  Michael come lay on your pad now
Michael:  No diaper change!
Me:  Come on
Michael: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!
Me:  Really?  Just come lay down!
Michael:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5!
Me:  1, 2, 3
Michael:  Come here!
Me:  Come here now!
Michael:  Time out?
Me:  4, if I get to 5 you go to time out
(Michael runs over to me happily and lays down)
Michael:  5!
Me:  We didn't get to 5, you laid down before we got to 5
Michael:  NOOOO! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!


Michael has a little piano that has 5 keys that are numbered with different colors.  He can set it to the piano mode or the learning mode which tells you the number on the keys and the color.  You can also change the language on it.
(Michael picks up some of his colored puzzle piece shapes and hands me a yellow one)
Michael:  Jaune
Me:  Yes, jaune, where is vert?
(Michael hand me the green piece)
Me:  Good job!  How about bleu?
Josh:  What the crap are you saying?
Me:  Michael knows his colors in French
Josh:...Michael where is the yellow piece?
(Michael hand him the green piece)
Josh:  No, that's green, how about blue?
(Michael hands him the yellow piece)
Josh:  No, that's yellow, buddy.  Why are you teaching him colors in French if he doesn't know them in English?
Me:  I'm not!  Michael turns his piano to French mode and gets upset if I turn it to English.  So now he knows his colors in French.
Michael:  Mama, rouge!  (handing me a red piece)
Me:  Yup buddy!  Good job!
Josh:  What have you done to our son?

No comments:

Post a Comment