Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Baby, oh baby

I'm sure most of you already know this, but we are expecting baby #3!  I wanted to announce it in some cute way...but let's face it, I still haven't uploaded the pictures from Michael's birthday a month ago, so there is no hope for me to do it in some cute way.  I'm just too exhausted.

Anyways...I've gotten a lot of questions about this pregnancy and about other things in our life that I thought I'd address (now I can just refer people to the blog instead of answering the same questions!).


  • When am I due?  I do not have a due date yet.  I will find out next Monday.  Some time at the very end of June, maybe beginning of July.
  • Am I having twins?  Okay, I ask this, no one else does.  I'm huge.  Yes, huge!!!  I look like I'm 20 weeks pregnant instead of the ~10 weeks I am.  I can also feel my uterus...it's slightly above my belly button, which is quite big.  So no, I will just assume no twins.  I'm just huge. 
  • How much have I gained?  To go along with being huge.  I've gained 4 pounds this far.  Not much, and most of that is probably because of 1) the holidays 2) I'm working less 3) I don't go to the gym much anymore because I'm too busy sleeping.  
  • Where are we having this baby?  At home.  I've found a midwife who works with my insurance and I'm seeing her.  We're planning a home water-birth in a blow-up tub.  Josh wasn't exactly on board with it at first.  He wanted us to try a midwife, but didn't know about having it at home.  He's decided that I get to win this battle (smart man) as long as I promise to not get anything on the carpet.  
  • Was this baby planned?  Yes, and no.  To me trying for a baby involves counting days and maybe taking temperatures.  I didn't have any day to go off of.  But we weren't preventing.  I was almost finished breastfeeding and was about to get on birth control when I decided to take a pregnancy test just in case.  I was surprised when it came back positive, but not shocked.
  • How can we afford this baby?  You'd be surprised how often I get asked this question.  It might be mostly because all of our kids are close together.  Maybe because Josh is still in school?  No idea, but I'll enlighten you a little.  First off, we are building a house and paying the down payment right now, but our apartment is fairly cheap.  Second, we no longer have a car payment (even though we might need a new car sooner than later thanks to a little accident last night).  Third, we haven't had a vacation in almost 3 years.  Where do you go with babies??  When we first found out I was pregnant with Michael Josh found a full-time job with insurance.  He's worked full-time ever since.  His job pays well right now, even though he doesn't have a degree yet.  It helps that he chose engineering.  I've been working a little bit to get some bills paid off and have some extra spending money.  We are also going with a midwife for a reason.  Our deductable is very, very high, and a midwife is very, very cheap.  
  • Can we take care of another baby?  Well we seem to do fine now with 2.  I manage when Josh is at work and class.  He manages when I'm working.  We are used to being outnumbered.  Sure, it will take adjusting, it always does, but we will figure it out.
  • Is Josh living up to his new nickname, Josh Duggar?  No.  I'm thinking 3 is my number.  Josh is thinking 4.  I told him if I do have twins then we are officially done.  We both love babies, but I get very sick and unable to function.  
  • Girl or boy?  I'm leaning towards boy, Josh towards girl.  Either way, we are not finding out.  I want a surprise this time.  Plus, we already have everything for either one so why bother?

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm super excited for you!

    People, I swear. They ask the weirdest and most awkward questions. "Can you take care of another baby?" "How can you afford this baby?" Seriously?! Who asks people questions like that! I think one day I might write a blog post about people minding their own business.

    But anyway, you guys sound just like us, I think three is a great number of kids to have. It's probably my favorite. But Jayson has other ideas, like four or five! Haha.

    ReplyDelete