Popular Posts

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Things that only happen when I run

I've started running again here and there.  When Elli has woken up 5 times during the night and I have to work, or worked the night before I just don't make it.  Since Elli wakes up 5 times every night that's not really an excuse, but I'm still using it. 

On the days I don't have the energy to rationalize not going and finally get my butt outside I've noticed the following happen:
  • I like waking up, after the run of course.  When I'm rolling out of bed every day around 6:30 I really just want to go back to bed.  After I run I'm happy I didn't make Michael cry it out until 7.  It's also easier to forget that Elli woke up at 10, 12, 2, 4, and 6.
  • I like taking cold showers.  Josh will greatly appreciate this because normally I use up all of the hot water for the rest of the day.
  • Dishes get done.  When I get home I shower then put kids down for naps, but I'm too wired to go to sleep, so I usually clean.  Or in this case blog.
  • Michael is extra cranky after his nap.  Well it couldn't all be good.  He usually didn't get out the energy he needed to before his nap and is now groggy and hyper.  Usually he is crying as he runs head first into walls and doors.  Then he cries harder because he got hurt.  When I try and pick him up or kiss him better he screams.  I think I need to stop at a park on the way home, but Elli usually doses off a little and wakes up whenever I stop pushing.  Maybe I need to figure something else out.
Unfortunately I don't have extra energy.  I don't see the results.  I don't feel the results, except sore feet and knees.  Hopefully that will change soon, you know, when I'm not gasping for air like I've been drowning and hanging on to the stroller for dear life.

No comments:

Post a Comment