Popular Posts

Monday, March 4, 2013

I'm going to miss garlic and cheese

Note:  If you don't like what I blog about then don't read my blog!  Also don't assume details I've left out.  I don't post everything on here because I like to keep some parts of our lives personal, but that doesn't mean I won't tell you about it if you ask me in person.  If something I write bothers you then talk to me about it, or stop reading!

While most of Elli's short existence has been full of naps and...well naps, lately she hasn't been doing well when awake.  She has some serious stomach issues (should have seen this one coming after Michael) that have kept me worrying about her.  She has some serious gas (I'm sorry Elli if you one day see that I've told the world about it) that causes her pain.  Like screaming when she farts pain, but she farts a lot.  After a weekend of worry I finally called her doctor.  Of course he was out of town.  So I went to another one there that was really great too.  It was decided that I cut out:
  • garlic
  • onions (goodbye soup)
  • cabbage (pretty easy)
  • artichoke (haha easiest thing ever!)
  • tomatoes (bye bye Italian)
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower (Josh will be thrilled)
  • chocolate (not as hard as you'd think)
  • all dairy

Overall most of the list will be easy.  I don't have too much dairy anyways, I've never been a milk person.  The things that will be hard for me are no garlic, onions, cheese, butter, and eggs.  I cook a lot with onions and garlic, A LOT!  We are a cheese loving family.  I also cook a lot with butter.  Eggs are in bread....and I eat bread a lot....so what is left???

This means no soups, no sandwiches, no Italian (yes I'm putting this again because I love it so much), no eating out pretty much, unless I want plain chicken nuggets and fries every time I go somewhere. 

I need to find some new recipes fast!!

Luckily I only have to cut everything out for 2 weeks.  Then add things back in a week at a time.  I keep thinking that after a month I can add garlic and dairy back in so I can have garlic cheese bread!  I'm already drooling

No comments:

Post a Comment