Popular Posts

Monday, March 18, 2013

Oh my son

Oh son I love you.  I loved you the first time I held you.  I loved you when you gave me your first smile.  I loved you when you peed on me and puked up green beans in my hair.  I love that you cry whenever we move and take your crib apart because I know you're scared of leaving us.  I loved the day you decided you loved daddy more than me.  I love cuddling you when you wake up.  I love the water fights you create every time you have a bath.  I love how you hug your sister.  I love that you say sister.  I loved when you started sleeping through the night.  I love when I get to rescue you from nightmares.  I love how you say nana every time I try to feed you anything.  I love how every toy is used to make noise instead of its intended purpose. 

Son I love you. 

But....

I would appreciate the following:

Stop hitting your sister.  Stop stealing her binky.  Stop screaming, about everything.  Stop crying and biting the sheets on my bed every time I try to feed her.  Stop trying to dig through the trash.  Stop kicking me and rolling around every time I try to change your diaper.  Stop having meltdowns.  Stop playing with your heater every time I leave the room.  STOP throwing your food and sippy on the ground when you are "done" only to ask for it again.  Stop whining so much that I wonder if the neighbors will call CPS.  Stop refusing your morning nap, then the day I don't make you take it don't refuse your afternoon nap as well. 

But please, don't stop being adorable.  Don't stop saying dada even when you know I'm the only parent home.  Don't stop staring at your sister in amazement.  Don't stop the 'ishish' or 'eshesh' language, at least not yet.  Don't stop exploring everything.  Don't stop your cute little walk.  Don't stop smiling when you go down the slide.  Don't stop laughing for no reason when I put you and your cousin in the stroller together.  Don't stop hiding puzzle pieces around the house that make me smile when I find them.  Don't stop putting your head on my shoulder when you're tired.  And lastly, don't stop loving me, because I'll never stop loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment