Popular Posts

Monday, July 23, 2012

What would I do?

We came home to hear some interesting news.  Josh's second (maybe third or however that works) cousin just had her baby boy.  She currently has 4-year-old triplets and this is her first baby since then.  When he was born he wasn't breathing very well.  He was rushed to the NICU where it was determined he had Down's.  Luckily the little boy doesn't appear to have heart problems, just the breathing problems.

When I first heard the news I was in shock.  I remember everything being measured at my 20 week ultrasound to see if Michael could have Down's; I was told they would do more extensive tests if they assumed anything.  I can't imagine not knowing and not being prepared for that.

Thankfully the mom majored in special ed and knows a lot more than most of us would.  She has also been prepared for this by having triplets.  As is expected in these kinds of situations I started to think about what I would do if that was my baby.  I don't know if I could ever handle.  I'm very grateful for my healthy, happy little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment