Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

There's no place like home for the Holidays!

Christmas was great this year!  Josh and I were both a little bit worried about how stressful it would be.  It was stressful, but we both enjoyed it!  It all started a week before Christmas.  Josh decided we should go down to Salt Lake so he could go snowboarding.  While we were there we took Michael to see Santa and the cutest pictures resulted (I think anything is cute that involves a tiny baby).

I assume he's think 'What is going on? What is this furry thing touching my head?'

We came down on Christmas Eve after Josh got off of work.  We went to my sisters house for dinner, games, and our present exchange.  The games were Christmas themed Minute to Win It games.  We discovered that Josh and I could dominate if we ever played beer pong.  We also discovered that I cannot suck up M&Ms with a straw, in fact I'm worse than my 5 year old niece (I blame everyone laughing at me and distracting me).  We went to Josh's moms house for Christmas Eve and opened presents early on Christmas morning.  We went to my parents house for breakfast.  Headed to my grandmas house for the annual lunch.  Then we went to the Crumps for dinner and presents.

It was all very fun but also overwhelming.  Josh and I just wanted to drop by the end of the night.  Michael was past around a lot, which led to a grumpy baby who couldn't sleep for more than ten minutes before someone else picked him up, which led to an overtired and mad baby.  Next year we might have to cut some stuff out, but it might be easier without a baby demanding to eat every 2-3 hours.  We've been thinking what will happen in two years from now and we are both out of school and hopefully living in Salt Lake.  We will need to make our own family traditions.  One of which will be sleeping-in until roughly noon on Christmas day :)

We would both like to say thank you to all of our family!  We walked out of our door with 6 presents and came back with armfuls.  Thanks for being so giving and loving.  We appreciate it all year, not just when it involves gift boxes and chocolate oranges.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment