Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

3

Michael is 3 now and I'm still floored by how fast time has gone by.  This kid brings a lot of laughs and love to our family.  Of course he brings plenty of craziness, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Here are a few things about Michael:

  • He is fully potty-trained, even night-trained.  I'm so thankful I really didn't have to night-train him.  
  • His favortie movies: Monster Inc., Toy Story, How to Train Your Dragon, Brave, Frozen, and the Princess Diaries 2
  • His favorite TV shows:  Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Daniel Tigers Neighborhood, Super Why, and Chuggington
  • Favorite Foods:  Mac & Cheese (the Dragon kind), Peanut Butter, Spaghetti, Quesadillas, and any kind of fruit
  • He is amazing at puzzles.  I've noticed that he likes to find order out of them, it calms him down and holds his attention.  He has mastered all of out 24 piece puzzles.  He is pretty good at the few 60's he's done.  We have a few 100 piece puzzles that he likes working on, especially his Dragon one and his TMNT puzzles
  • He is interested in reading, but doesn't sit still long enough for me to teach him what sounds the  letters make.  He does like me to read to him a lot.
  • Loves Ethan.  Whenever Ethan is laying on the ground he goes up next to him and cuddles.  He picks out Ethan's clothes and PJ's whenever possible.  He helps me change his diapers.  He sings songs to him and talks to him.  Ethan even "talks back" to him.
  • Loves having Elli as a partner in crime.  They are generally really good together.  Unfortunately they get into trouble together too.  Nothing too bad, but I will say lately I've had to wash marker off the cushions on my chairs multiple times.  
  • Thanks to homeschooling he knows the first three Articles of Faith.  It's cute when he recites them...loudly....in sacrament meeting....because I told him to think about Jesus.
  • He managed to escape the terrible two's with only a handful of tantrums that weren't diffused in less than 2 minutes.  I can only remember two horrible ones, one at his cousins baptism, and the other a few days later at home where he sat in a corner and screamed for a half hour.  
Three will bring us a whole new challenge.  I'm worried about more back-talking, fighting with Elli, and completely getting rid of naps (he still takes about 3 a week).  I'm grateful potty-training, deciphering every word, and explaining the difference between girls and boys is over with!  

Happy Birthday little man!




That time he got stuck in the chair and couldn't get out.  It only took 5 minutes to get him out of it.


First big boy bed

The shoe fettish phase





Oh buddy, how you've grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment