Popular Posts

Thursday, May 15, 2014

2 1/2

I have been horrible at remembering milestones with my kids lately.  I'll just blame this on pregnancy brain.  The only reason I remembered Michael hit 2 1/2 was because I remembered last Mothers Day I took him to nursery for the first time.


Here are a few fun things about Michael:
  • He knows his ABC's and loves to point out all of the letters in a book.  He'll stare at signs so he can tell us all of the letters
  • He has two obsessions, his hat (in the above picture) and blankets.  You don't mess with his blankets
  • He loves Frozen and Super Why, he's starting to get out of Good Luck Charlie
  • He says prayers and always prays for Grandmas', the temple, and that he can be a good boy
  • He loves singing, he will sit at a piano and play random notes while he sings.  He has started making up a few songs of his own
  • His favorite toys are his train (which he refuses to let Elli touch), his puzzles, and his tractor
  • He loves Arthur books.  I got a few of the chapter books at the library and he likes me to read those before bed
  • He likes to ride his bike around the neighborhood and to the park
  • He still loves animals and going to the zoo
  • He points out a tractor whenever he sees one.  A big tractor is a mama tractor and a small tractor is a baby tractor
There are a thousand more things I could say about this little guy, but most of you know some of his funny quirks already.  It's hard to believe he's getting so big.  I was looking at baby pictures of my kids the other night and when I got to Michael's I honestly couldn't remember him being that little.  Once he hit a year I remember a lot more, but the first year is a blur besides a few cute memories.  It's a good thing I've recorded things on this blog and in a little journal.  Like the saying goes, the days are long but the years are short.

No comments:

Post a Comment