Popular Posts

Saturday, October 12, 2013

If you haven't noticed

On the side of my blog is a picture of two lovely people hoping to adopt a baby, Karissa and Jayson.  They are not able to have children on their own, and adoption is the right way for them to go.

As many of you may know, adoption is a painfully slow process.  They have a profile on the LDS Family Services website.  These great people have done everything they can, and are now just waiting, and waiting.  If you know anyone who is thinking about placing a baby up for adoption, please have them check out the profile, and you can even read her blog here.

At times I've wondered why some people cannot get pregnant and others find it impossible to prevent it.  The only conclusion I've come to is that whatever our trials are, we end up the better for it.

In my case, I know I can be a very selfish person.  Some of that I blame on age, but the rest I just have to blame on me and deal with it.  For me, having kids has been a bigger trial than not having kids.  I've learned more patience than I could ever imagine.  I've learned more about unconditional love than anything else in my life has taught me.  Most importnantly, I've learned about putting other people above my wants and needs.  Or at least that's what I call it when I'm feeding Elli baby food, trying to do the dishes, making Michael eat his vegetables, and then realize I haven't had a bite of food.

In the case of Karissa and Jayson, I know they will be amazing parents.  I've heard other people remark that it's a shame the adoption process is taking so long because they would be incredible parents.  They are loving and caring in ways that I can only dream of.  I think because they will be such amazing parents is why they've had this trial.  Karissa will put me to shame as a mother, without a doubt.  I'm more than willing to let that happen as soon as possible.

So please, if you know someone thinking about adoption, please tell them about this amazing couple!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so behind on reading blogs and I just read this. You're so sweet!! Thank you so much for writing this. Seriously though, I think you're an amazing mom! Kids try everyone's patience, including mine. You're a great mama.:)

    ReplyDelete