Popular Posts

Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Day In The Life: Elli

I wake up to the sound of the front door closing.  Daddy must have gone off to work again.  Should I cry?  No, I have better things to do.  Like chew on the side of my crib.  This wood tastes so good.  I hear movement so mom must be up and coming to get me soon.  She will walk in and make fun of me being a beaver, whatever that is.  She walks into the kitchen and I hear the water going.  She must be making me a bottle!  I'm trying to tell her how hungry I am, but she just says "oh, don't cry it's okay."  Just give me the bottle!  Some days she just doesn't get it.  She finally brings me my bottle and I chow down on 5 oz of iron-tasting milk formula.  Yum.

As I'm eating I keep thinking about how great today is going to be, then I hear my brother running into the room.  No, I don't hear him running, I hear him screaming my name over and over again as loud as he can as he runs into the room.  I'm trying to concentrate here Michael!  He runs up to me and bangs his head against mine, the usual greeting from him.  It hurts, but I know he means well.  When he tells mommy repeatedly that I'm drinking my bottle (and driving her a little crazy) I can't help but smile and laugh.  Formula starts dripping from my chin and mommy takes my bottle away, but I'm not done with it!!  I cry until she gives it back.

During breakfast I'm stuck in my high chair watching everyone eating good food.  On top of all of this I have to listen to Michael scream every time I get a good bite of anything.  I love my brother, but some days I would like to eat in peace, or do anything in peace.

After breakfast we play in Michael's room while mommy reads Harry Potter to us.  Don't tell anyone this, but I think she does it so she doesn't have to sing patty-cake to Michael twenty times.

Mommy puts me down for my nap in my crib.  Before I can sleep I have to roll over and chew on the post just a little bit more.

"Mama go lunch!  Mama go bye-bye!  Elli!  Go Elli!" wakes me up from my nap, and every nap.  Mommy comes in and gives me a warm bottle.  It helps calm my nerves while Michael runs around screaming.  Half-way through my bottle he comes over and puts his face right next to mine, he tries to whisper (but really shouts) "Elli sleeping?"  Mommy tells him no and he shushes her.  Mommy gets annoyed but I think it's funny.  Michael can be a funny big brother.

After lunch we run errands.  No one seems to understand how boring it is to be facing backwards.  I can't see or do anything.  Most days, like today, I pull off my socks and start chewing on them.  Mom always gets upset at that.  It seems like we are never done, then the next thing I know I'm waking up to the smell of dinner.  At some point I must have fallen asleep in the car.

We're all gathered around the table and daddy is home.  This meal smells like it will be amazing!  I'm all ready for my plate when I see mom pull out...can't you guess?  The most boring food in the world, baby food.  Sometimes I wish my parents understood what I was saying because they don't seem to understand my screams.  This is so frus- oh, that's apples!  And a think a hint of chicken.  Oh, and they bought me the dessert peach cobbler again!  Wait, what was I saying?  Haha, Michael doesn't get any dessert, all he had was rice because he wouldn't eat his carrots.

After dinner daddy plays with us, which usually means we end up watching some tv show while he plays peek-a-boo with me.  I'm awesome at peek-a-boo, I can always get the blanket off of my head.  Wait, is that a binky??  I can see it hiding under the couch, I can almost reach it.  WAAAHHH!  Daddy rushes to grab me but it's too late, I've already hit my head.  Michael comes over and sits by me, giving me kisses and hugs.  He does annoy me sometimes, but I love the hugs and kisses.  At that point daddy says it's time for bed.  He gives me a warm bottle and lays me down.  It's been a decent day, a normal day, but decent.  Maybe tomorrow I can have pineapple upside down cake...humm, I wonder if they side of my crib tastes like pineapple upside down cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment