Popular Posts

Monday, September 30, 2013

More Cheese

As a mom I think a lot about what my kids eat.  As a crazy health nut I'm constantly thinking oh no, you can't eat that!  That has too much salt for a little kid.  No more crack-a-wahs (Michael's way of saying crackers)!  Then I'm looking up homemade, organic recipes.  Like my homemade chicken broth, but that stuff tastes awesome.  Also, being a health freak doesn't mean I can't eat cheesecake whenever it's in sight, health rules don't apply to the amazingness of cheesecake.

Some days I decide to give up and let Michael enjoy food.  Or I'm too lazy to make anything.



Like this little beauty.  Michael didn't need freshly steamed veggies on brown rice, or salmon with mashed cauliflower, he needed crackers with cold pepperoni and cheese.


Oh, and an apple.  I have to feel a little better about the meal.  Of course Michael didn't like the pepperoni.  So he just ate the cheese and a couple crackers.  Then he asked for more and more cheese.  I guess he inherited that trait from both parents.  We were hoping it skipped a generation.  Cheese is really expensive at the rate we go through it.


We also have another cheese lover here.  I offered her cheese and puffs, she went for the cheese.

Don't think the steamed veggies and salmon happen at lunch here very often.  They happen maybe once a week if I'm feeling productive or guilty.  The guilt that comes when I realize Michael's had a peanut butter sandwich for lunch the last 4 days in a row....  The health nut in me wishes they happened more often, but who has the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment