Popular Posts

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Chicken Broth

We are all sick here.  On top of this cold Elli has been teething.  Homemade chicken broth was exactly what we needed.

I used this recipe from a cousin of a cousin

Here's what it looked like when I first put everything in my slow cooker.



The way it works is you put the whole chicken in with the onions, celery, etc.  After 24 hours you can take the chicken and half of the liquid out.  The first night I got 4 cups of broth out and enough chicken for dinner and some leftovers.  Every 12 hours you add more water to it.  Tonight I got a few more cups.  I think I will do it for one more night.



The broth is very good, and it's amazing to see how watered down the kind you buy at the store is.  When my sense of taste is completely restored it will be interesting to see how much better it tastes.

The only downside to this is that the house smells like chicken.  My clothes smell like chicken.  Since none of us can really smell it isn't too bad, but I became very self conscious of it when I went to work last night.  Then again, it probably isn't as strong as the smell of roast so I shouldn't be too concerned right?

I know why most people read this blog, it's to see cute pictures of my kids doing weird things.  So here you go...
Whenever he sees the hat he insists on wearing it, even when he only has a diaper on

He got in a fight with my purse and I think the purse won

No comments:

Post a Comment