Popular Posts

Monday, February 27, 2012

Facebook Peeve

I'm on facebook a lot.  Why?  I can browse and leave simple comments with one hand while I'm feeding Michael.  I know that most people now use their phone to post things, but that still isn't an excuse for not proofreading posts!  The extra, random words drive me crazy, and they don't make sense.

Example:

That awkward moment when someone asks if they a shirt makes them look fat when actually they're just fat.

Why is it so annoying?  Well this post was funny, but the fact that I had to do a double-read (my word for a double-take while reading) ruined the whole post.  Okay, that might be a little overdramatic.  I don't mind grammer issues or even bad spelling (except I do get very annoyed when someone writes fill when it should be feel), but I'm done with random words that make me want to leave a comment doing this:

That awkward moment when someone asks if they* a shirt makes them look fat when actually they're just fat.  *Please omit they next time.

I know this is a stupid pet-peeve, so ignore my rant if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment