Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Biggest Loser = ME




My family has been doing a Biggest Loser contest for the last 1-2 months.  Some people started before Christmas and some after.  For the most part we are all doing okay, but I feel so embarrassed!  I started in the middle of December when Michael was a month old.  I thought 'well I have 25 lbs left of baby weight to lose, so if I start now, I might have a leg up!'

NEWS FLASH: CHEATING DOESN'T MEAN YOU WIN!

Technically I wasn't trying to cheat.  I knew that when Josh and I started school in January we would have little time to work out.  Plus it's freezing in Logan, and there is a very limited time during the day when we could go running with Michael.  So I thought it was fair enough.  Unfortunately, I've only lost 5 pounds in the last two months.  And Josh...well he's about the same he was before.  Despite trying to cook healthier meals, eating at home more often, taking Michael walking when we have time, and even trying to sneak in some pushups, it still isn't looking pretty.

Ironically, I am in first place in our competition.  The only reason I am in first place is because I put SO MUCH weight on to begin with.  I have close competition, and a part of me really hopes someone else ends up winning so I don't feel guilty about my win.  That feels just like losing.

So here I am, The Biggest Loser, currently in weight and in winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment