Popular Posts

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Nap Time

Elli still takes two naps a day.  Her first nap is usually 2 hours and her second is 1-3 hours depending on her first and how she's feeling.  Michael has one 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon.

My problem for the last 6+ months has been trying to keep Michael entertained while Elli is sleeping.  It was really hard in our apartment because Elli slept in their room with all of the toys.  That plus morning sickness meant we watched too much TV.  Now that we're moved in I was so excited to figure something else out to do with Michael.  We can play with toys, run around a little more, and do so much more.  Of course he still asks to watch TV as soon as I lay Elli in her crib, but he doesn't mind as much when I tell him no.  Yesterday he spent most of her nap working on his masterpiece

I should add that this was taken only 5 minutes after he sat down.  3 of markers are dried up now.  

Thankfully he's starting to ask to watch something other than Good Luck Charlie.  I don't mind the show but I've seen every episode at least a dozen times.  Now he's into Super Why.  So when he does ask to watch something and I can't think of anything else to do I at least feel like he's learning something.

Since Elli's naps are much shorter than Michael's in the afternoon we have a similar situation when she wakes up.  Except Elli is a lot easier to entertain.  The people behind us have 2 big dogs that my kids love.  I was dusting the window and Elli just stood there watching them.  Then she tried to help me dust.


I'm going to miss nap times soon.  I'm hoping Michael will still be taking one in June when this baby is due, but I won't be surprised if in May he completely refuses naps.  He's become very independent lately, but I'll save that for another long post.


No comments:

Post a Comment