Popular Posts

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Half-way there!


I feel for this poor elephant.  Roughly half-way through it's pregnancy it is trying to be optimistic, but we all know that's a lie.  In reality this elephant is screaming GET THIS THING OUTTA ME!  Just like the rest of us are when we are half-way there.

Wednesday marked 21 weeks for me.  I'm so on top of things this pregnancy aren't I? :P

Overall things have been going well.  I'm not sick anymore, the baby decided it only needed to lay on my kidney for one day, and I'm still sleeping well.  

There has been only one problem this pregnancy, what do we call the baby?  We find ourselves referring to he or she, even though we have no idea what it is.  Of course I call it he, and Josh calls it she.  Calling it "baby" really bugs Josh.  I've been trying to come up with nicknames but haven't found anything I like.  

Since we aren't finding out the gender I haven't bought a cute baby book.  I figured this blog was as good as place as any to record some of the most often asked questions in baby books.  One day I want this 3rd child to think it wasn't completely forgotten. 

Cravings:  tamales, and really only tamales, but I don't care if I don't have them

Aversions:  hamburgers

Weight gain:  Me-8 lbs  Josh-2 lbs

Sleeping:  I can never get enough

Maternity clothes:  Half the time.  I need maternity pants, but I can still wear about half of my non-maternity shirts.  I wear my maxi's just fine, although I got them a little big.

Exercise:  I was doing well until the baby laid on my kidney last week.  Since then I took it easy, and have since been too busy to do much.  Running still happens even though it is really just jogging.  Josh laughs at me when I do pilates or yoga because my belly is so big.

Movement:  The baby kicks and punches a lot.  Josh finally felt it last night for the first time.  For the third time I have an anterior placenta.  

Hormones:  I should let Josh answer this.  He knows when it's coming and he just looks at me with these big eyes as if to say "okay, you can stop having your tantrum now".  The thing is I know when hormones are taking over too, sometimes I just choose to ignore it and be hormonal anyways.  

Health:  Overall I'm doing great.  My blood pressure is still around 95/60.  I partially get out of the glucose test.  Instead of taking the drink I just have to eat a meal 2 hours before and have my blood drawn.

Belly button:  Still exists.  I don't get an outie,  it just disappears completely.  For now the bottom of it still exists, the top doesn't anymore.  

Stretch marks:  I can't tell what baby has done what at this point.  I don't think any new ones have developed, but we'll wait two more months and see

Best thing about this pregnancy:  Feeling like I'm not pregnant.  Instead of letting pregnancy hold me back I'm finally comfortable enough with pregnancy to do whatever I want to do.

Worst thing about this pregnancy:  Carrying two other kids around.  It's not always bad, but every once in a while I have Elli on one hip and Michael on the other while trying to push a grocery cart with my stomach.  It's just a pathetic sight.


I can't think of any other questions that might be in the baby book, but let me know if I missed any!

No comments:

Post a Comment