Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Never-ending sickness

You might be wondering why I post so sporadically.  Well, I'll enlighten you a little.  Let's go back a few weeks.  Oh, and don't read this if you can't handle puke or poop.

I reached the end of my first trimester, where I should be done with the morning sickness.  Well, I wasn't.  In fact it got worse, sooo much worse.  To the point where I couldn't keep anything down all day and had lost 5 lbs.  I know, I know, don't complain about losing weight.  See I would have no problem with losing weight in the first trimester, when you shouldn't gain any at all.  I do have a problem with losing weight when you should be gaining a pound every week or two.   

With some different vitamins we thought that got all cleared up, but it's not anymore. 

Then we get to Josh and the kids.  Just when I was starting to feel better Josh thought he had a little stomach bug, which turned into a monster of a stomach flu.  He was miserable all night, and I was very miserable the next morning when Michael puked all over the carpet.  We are going on day 5 of this stomach bug.  This bug isn't an ordinary bug.  See my kids on Sunday?  They were as happy as could be!  No stomach problems all night or that morning, or even through church.


Then we got home.  Yesterday I did three loads of pooped on or puked on clothes, sheets, mattress covers, pillow cases, and even pillows.  There was the baking soda I had to dump all over the carpet and vacuum up.  Plus the three baths. 

Today I've already washed one set of sheets and a bunch of blankets.  Then there are the six diapers and one bath.  Oh yeah, don't let me forget the poop on the carpet...that currently has a second pile of baking soda on it.  

The smells - even with baking soda, lots of laundry detergent, taking diapers out constantly, and a fancy glade candle that's almost gone after three days - are getting to me.  

So this is why I haven't been blogging.  I've either been horribly sick, or the kids have been keeping me constantly busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment