Popular Posts

Friday, January 10, 2014

16 weeks and counting...

Wednesday I was officially 16 weeks pregnant.  I keep wondering where the time went, then I remember a good chunk of it was spent in the fetal position on the bathroom floor.  If this is the worst pregnancy maybe it will be the quickest delivery??  With my track record I'm going to shoot for 4 hours of labor and one push.

Thursday I had an appointment with my midwife and everything looked great.  I'm still losing weight, I'm down a pound from a month ago, but it's no longer a dramatic loss.  Absolutely no sugar in my urine (which is always a plus because no way am I going to starve myself and take a gross sugary drink if I don't have to!) and my blood pressure was 96/60, lower then it has been through my other pregnancies.

I'm left to wonder, what is so different about this pregnancy?  Is it because I have two kids to chase around already?  Is it because I was running and working out a decent amount before getting pregnant?  Maybe my vow to never weigh more than 160 ever again is really working?  The whole thing baffles me.

Josh still thinks the baby is a girl, I still think it's a boy.  I found a place to do my 20 week ultrasound and will schedule an appointment soon, but I still don't want to find out.  Josh does.  I keep telling him that not knowing may be exactly what I need to get through labor if it isn't as quick and easy as past ones. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

For now everything is going well.  Michael understands there is a baby in my tummy and he gives it hugs and kisses a lot.  Elli seems to understand that when I refer to "the baby" I don't mean her anymore.  She used to look at me and get excited when I would ask Michael where the baby was, like we were going to play peek-a-boo, but she's stopped doing that.  Hopefully they like this baby as much as they like each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment