Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas

Despite my last blog, we really did have a good Christmas!  Josh and I have great families and we love seeing each other. 

Christmas Eve we spent with my family.  We had dinner, then talked about Christmas, played some fun games, and then opened presents.  Michael was having a really rough day....well I would love to say day, but he has had a rough week.  I'm sorry to my family!

Anyways we had a lot of fun!  Last year we started playing some minute to win it games, and it's stuck with the family.  I rock at the puzzle game, but suck at sucking up M&M's with a straw and moving them.  When I say suck, I mean really, really suck.  My 4-year-old niece did at least 2x better than I did...Ya, horrible.  Josh is pretty good at all of them. 

We spent the morning at home opening presents.  Here is our tree.  We probably should have put more ornaments up, but we were happy with the few we had.  Plus Michael didn't destroy any.


In the afternoon we went and saw my grandparents.  My grandpa found out he had shingles a couple of days ago, but we decided to visit anyways.  It was a fun, but short, visit.

That night we went to Josh's moms house for dinner.  His grandparents were there and so were a few siblings.  We had a good dinner (except Michael was pretty fussy again) and opened presents. 

Josh and I didn't really get anything for each other for Christmas.  We are at a point in our marriage where we buy things when we need them, and most of the things we want are very expensive and unneccesary.  Does this happen with other couples??  I could have gotten him an iPad, but he really wouldn't use it that often.  He could have gotten me a kitchenaid mixer, but I would get so sick of cleaning it that it would rarely get used. 

So we got stuff for Michael.  He got clothes (mostly for the future), a few puzzles, and toys.  We got some really nice gifts from out family as well.  Overall it was a really good Christmas.  I just get burnt out too easily! 

Here are a few more pictures
Michael's ornament this year


Opening presents entertained him for about 5 minutes, hopefully next year he enjoys it a little more




No comments:

Post a Comment