Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

1 month

I really can't believe Ethan is a month old already.  Probably because I thought I'd still be pregnant at this point.  I had no doubt in my mind that I'd be pregnant until after July 4th.  I can't tell you why, I just thought so.

Well there isn't much that happens in the first month, but here is what's going on:
  • He has started getting a decent amount of head control.  Enough so that I don't mind Michael holding him.
  • He knows his days and nights, but he pretty much came out that way.  
  • He finally hit 7 lbs!
  • For now he is still in newborn clothes and diapers.
  • He spends 3-5 hours awake outside of eating every day.
  • He responds to my voice, I think he tries to ignore Michael's and Elli's voices...can you blame him?  They try to get his attention but he never responds to it.  I think it is because they are so loud most of the time
  • He did give us a bit of a medical scare (but all of our kids have given us a medical scare within their first 4 months).  His first newborn screening had some inconsistencies, but the second one came back fine.
  • He loves his bath, LOVES it! 
  • He has been pretty much everywhere, and always good when we go anywhere.
  • He has laughed a few times in his sleep.  It's really cute and precious!
We love having this little guy in our family!  Hopefully the next month is a good one, I always remember this is where it starts getting hard.  I'm just excited to see some smiles!




1 comment:

  1. That picture of all 3 is precious! Love their sweet innocence. It made me tear up :)

    ReplyDelete