Popular Posts

Sunday, November 11, 2012

What we've been up to...

I feel like we've been up to a lot of random things lately that I want to blog about.  So here are what we've been doing (I'll save stuff about Michael for his birthday post tomorrow):
  • Michael and I have made quite a few trips out.  We went to the zoo one day when Josh had a break between classes.  We went to the aquarium (which really is more fun for me).  We've walked around Trolley Square and City Creek.  We went to Gardner Village and bought some cute head bands for Elli (you can get the stretchy head bands for $1 at a little kids boutique there, they are usually $4 everywhere else). Josh has been able to meet us uptown quite a bit so we've enjoyed a lot of family time!
  • Attempting to get ready for winter.  It took the first snow like two weeks ago for us to realize Josh needed to do that stuff.  Since then Josh has had an eternal struggle to keep the lawn mower 'winterized'.  It isn't ours and we don't know how his grandparents have winterized it in the past.  After watching 5 hilarious attempts of Josh driving the lawn mower up planks to get it into the too small shed it ended up outside under a tree.  We ended up covering it with a tarp, but that refuses to stay on it.  Every few days Josh is out there putting more and more rocks on the tarp to get it to stay put.  
  • Seeing a ton of deer.  If we bought a tag we wouldn't have to go anywhere, just sit outside and wait for the deer to come eat our plants.  We see one on average once a day, they are usually in our driveway at night.
  • I've been getting bigger and bigger.  If you haven't noticed I have posted very few pictures of myself lately.  I believe that the camera adds 10lbs, but when you're pregnant it adds 30lbs.  In reality I don't think I'm bloated like pictures make me look...so I refuse to post them.  People keep asking when I'm due.  I think they expect me to say in a week, but I still have one trimester left :(.  When you're as short as me the baby just doesn't have anywhere to hide.
  • We've both gotten new callings...sorta.  I'm an activity days leader and have my first activity on Friday, but still have no idea what's going on.  Josh is soon to be in the scouts.  He was told to do all the certification stuff for it.  We still feel out of place in this ward.  I know it takes a while to fit in, but this is a deep rooted ward.  People have been in it for the last 40+ years.  They know each others grandkids.  So it will take a while to find a place.
  • My sister had her 30th birthday party and we had a murder mystery party :).  It was pretty awesome and worked out great!  Josh was basically an Italian mobster and I was his pregnant fiancé, who was really impregnated by his twin bother who was killed.  Then we had an amazing cheesecake! 
 Life has been moving at a rapid pace.  We feel like we are just running and running.  It's hard to imagine that a year ago today Josh and I were out eating spicy food, going on a walk, and trying to get our baby boy would be here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment