Popular Posts

Sunday, August 12, 2012

9 months

Again the time has come for me to look back and smile with pride at the milestones, cry with the bumps and bruises, and ache for my baby to stay little forever.  Michael will never be my tiny baby again, but with each day he is getting a personality that I can't wait to see develop more.  Here is what he has done this month:


  • Started feeding himself.  He also will grab any food within his reach and cry when it's taken away
  • Becoming more mobile!  He still isn't crawling, but he doesn't need to.  He knows if he turns around and rolls three times that he can get to any toy he wants
  • He now has 3 teeth!  The two he got on the bottom a few months ago and a little one on the top
  • He got a spider bite somehow.  It still hasn't gone away, but he's been good about it.
  • He is very, very aware.  He happened to be in the room when Josh was taking down his crib.  Every time a piece was moved he started bawling.  He knows it's his bed and that things are changing.  Luckily he got over that with some cuddles and treats
  • He hasn't graduated to 9-12 month clothes yet, and I don't think he will for a few months.  His PJ's have shrunk, but most of his onesies are huge on him.  He is finally showing that he is in the 10th-20th percentile for height and weight.  
  • He really needs a hair cut!  The front of his hair is crazy and his bald spot is starting to go away.  I'm trying to hold off on it because I love his thin baby hair!
  • Copying sounds and noises really well.  Unfortunately the only sounds he won't copy on demand on mama and dada sounds
  • Again he has gone camping and proven that he loves playing in the water no matter what the temperature, is fine sleeping in a cold tent, loves the boat when it's moving, and hates hates HATES sunscreen on his face
Life has gone by too fast since he's been born.  I like to blame it all on school and moving repeatedly, but that's not it.  Time would pass by just as fast if none of that was happening.  I'm glad I get to have the time I have with my little boy.  He is such a sweet guy!  

Unfortunately our internet is not working at our new place quite yet.  When everything is set up I'll have another photo overload of our place and (what you all read this blog for) Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment